The rules of Live Blackjack are the same as when playing casino on desktop of mobile. Furthermore, they are identical to those you can find in physical casinos. The only difference is that when you play live at the real tables, the authorities might limit the payout percentage. This does not apply, however, to live casinos online.
The objective of the casino game Live Blackjack is simple: to achieve a higher card count than the dealer, but without going over 21. The best hand is Blackjack – when the sum of values of the first two dealt cards is exactly 21 – an ace card plus a face or ten card. In this casino game you compete vs the real or virtual dealer and not against the others. In live casino, you see the dealer you try to win against through the video stream link.
Black Jack Basics
- Live blackjack just as the classic version of the game is played with up to eight card decks.
- Casino dealer always stands on 17.
- Double Down on any two first cards.
- Split the first cards you receive in the game of blackjack, if these are of equal value with only one split per each and every hand.
- You get a single card to each Split Ace.
- There is no option to Double Down after Split.
- Insurance is being offered when casino dealer shows an Ace card.
- Blackjack pays 3:2.
- Insurance pays 2:1.
- Push if the blackjack hands tie.
Blackjack Game Rules
The game is hosted by a casino dealer and allows from one to seven seated blackjack players. You play the game at live casino online with up to eight standard decks with the values of the cards as follows:
- 2-10 – same as their face value.
- Face cards – J, Q and K – are worth 10 points each.
- Aces are the best ones you can get in Blackjack. Their value is either 1 or 11, whichever is better, depending on the hand you got. A so called soft hand includes an Ace worth 11 points.
After the live blackjack betting time expires, the casino dealer hands out a card. He does this face up to each and every one of the players behind the table. Then the dealing starts with the first player to the dealer’s left hand and continues clockwise until it is dealer’s turn. He or she deals then a card number 2. face up to each blackjack casino player and face down to himself.
One of the most important rules of Blackjack that most of casino players don’t fully understand is the insurance option. When the blackjack dealer up card is an Ace, the player is given an option to buy insurance in addition to the initial bet.
This extra betting option in blackjack is available at live casino online, as well as in all other blackjack games and has a goal to limit the risk that the dealer gets blackjack. The insurance is valid also if the player gets blackjack himself.
The amount of this insurance bet is the same as 50% of your main or initial bet. This extra bet is being settled separately from the main one. In case the dealer hasn’t received blackjack, the game goes on.
Blackjack Side Bets
This Blackjack game includes optional side bets – Perfect Pairs and 21 + 3. The casino player gets an option to place side bets, combined with the main blackjack bets. There is a chance to win on any side bet , no matter whether the player later the main blackjack bet or not.
Perfect Pair Side Bet
The Perfect Pair bet offers you the chance of winning when playing casino game, in case your first 2 cards are any pair – for instance, two Q, two A or two 5s. There are 3 types of pairs in total, each of which has its own pay out:
- Perfect Pair – same suit, e.g. two Aces of Hearts.
- Coloured Pair – different suits of the same color, e.g. 2 of Spades + 2 of Diamonds.
- Mixed Pair – different suits, e.g. 10 of Clubs + 10 of Spades.
21 + 3
The 21 + 3 bet gives the live casino player the chance to win if his/her first 2 cards plus the dealer’s up-card consists out of any of the following winning combinations (similar to those you find, when playing poker at casino online), each with a different payout:
- Suited Trips – an identical triplet, e.g. 3 Kings of Spades.
- Straight Flush – cards in numerical sequence and same suit, for example 10, J and Q of Hearts.
- Three of a Kind – same value but with different suits, such as any 3 unmatching Queens.
- Straight – in numerical sequence but with different suits, for example 2 of
- Hearts + 3 of Spades + 4 of Clubs.
- Flush – cards belonging to the same suit, e.g. 2, 3 and 8 of Spades.
- Blackjack pays 3 to 2.
- Winning hand pays 1 to 1.
- If the dealer has blackjack, insurance pays 2 to 1.
These payouts are standard for all different versions of Blackjack game at casino online, as well as at landbased and live casinos. Note that most of the rules introduced in this guide are valid for any variant of the blackjack.
Perfect Pairs Payout
Perfect Pair pays 25 to 1
Coloured Pair pays 12 to 1
Mixed Pair pays 6 to 1
21 + 3 Payout
Suited Trips 100 to 1
Straight Flush 40 to 1
Three of a Kind 30 to 1
Straight 10 to 1
Flush 5 to 1